Brain Injuries Caused by Chicago Car Accidents Are Unpredictable
Josephine Cullotta April 25, 2019
Brain Injuries are usually caused by a car accident or fall in Illinois. You may be suffering brain injury symptoms after a Chicago car accident. Each symptom is related to one or more brain regions (lobes). The brain is divided into six lobes, each responsible for different functions
Brain Injuries to the Forehead:
- Difficulty with attention, organization, speaking, personality, and emotions
Head Trauma to Sides of head:
- Trouble with memory, hearing, and understanding of language
Head Injury to Parietal lobe:
- Loss of sense of touch, visual perception, and differentiation of size, shapes, and colors
Brain Injuries to the Occipital lobe:
- Vision loss
Personal Injury to Cerebellum:
- Problems with balance, coordination, and motor skills
Trauma to the Brain stem:
- Difficulty maintaining breathing, heart rate, consciousness, and sleep and wake cycles
Effects of the traumatic brain injury will also vary depending on whether the brain damage or injury to the particular lobe or lobes is on the left or right side of the brain.
Injury to Left Side of the Brain
According to the Brain Injury Association of America, if the brain injury occurs on the left side of the brain, the victim may experience the following possible challenges:
- Difficulty with logic
- Decreased control over right-sided body movements
Right Side Brain Injury
Conversely, if the brain injury following the Chicago car accident is located on the right side of the brain, the victim may experience the following symptoms:
- Visual-spatial impairment
- Difficulty with visual memory
- Decreased use of the side of the body
Personal Injury to Both
The Left & Right Sides of the Brain
Patients who incur brain damage throughout both sides of the brain following a Chicago car wreck may also experience confusion, fatigue, and reduced cognitive abilities.
Life following a brain Injuries caused by a car crash can be complex, frustrating, and expensive.
If you sustained a Chicagoland car accident or Concussion you may be entitled to damages. Contact a personal injury lawyer for a FREE consultation at (847) 651-7191.