Elderly Falls Causing Brain Injury
Josephine Cullotta December 15, 2019
Elderly Falls Can Cause Brain Injury & Can Be Very Serious
Falls often cause head injuries.
- An older person who falls and hits their head should see their doctor right away to make sure they don’t have a brain injury.
Elderly Falls Are Happening At Higher Rates — Especially In Nursing Homes
- Falls are at an unprecedented record high according to The Centers For Disease Control (CDC) December 2019 report. Even more alarming is that elderly people want to live at home for as long as possible even though falls are the leading cause of an elderly person’s injury and death.
- 1 in 45 elderly people is sustaining Traumatic Brain Injuries requiring an Emergency Room (ER) visit only to have to go back to the ER within 3-months to return to the ER with a second brain injury.
- Elderly Falls are even more dangerous if the person is taking a blood thinner.
- CDC admits greater awareness about elderly falls in nursing homes but CDC can’t explain the reason for this unprecedented increase in elderly falls.
If you sustained a personal injury caused by someone else, contact Cullotta Law Offices at 847-651-7191.