- Do I Need a Brain Injury Attorney or Should I Settle Directly With An Illinois Auto Insurance Company?
- Recovery for a Chicago Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury
- FAQ: How to determine brain injury settlements in Illinois (IL)
- How Will a Chicago Brain Injury Affect My Ability to Think?
- Can post traumatic headaches differ for men and women?
- FAQ: What 4-Things Should You Know Before Hiring Illinois Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
- FAQ: What is the most common cause ofa brain hemorrhage (bleeding)?
- How will my Child’s Chicago brain injury affect his education?
- FAQ: How will a Chicago brain injury affect my memory
- Can my family bring a lawsuit on my behalf if I am in a coma following a Chicago brain injury?
- Why would a neurologist send a traumatic brain injury patient for a neuropsychological or psych exam
- ID symptoms of a brain bleed caused by a IL Chicago car accident
6-ways car accidents can change how you think and remember things
1. Inability to hold a conversation in a crowded place that has many distractions, such as a shopping mall or restaurant.
2. Inability to juggle multiple tasks at once, such as listening to a lecture while simultaneously taking notes.
3. Problems processing new information, such as when a friend is sharing a story about a recent vacation to Chicago. The friend may need to break the story up into multiple short statements instead of one long piece, speak very slowly, and repeat portions as necessary for you to understand.
4. Lack of short-term memory, such as remembering what restaurant you ate dinner at the night before.
5. Difficulty learning new things, such as a foreign language or a math lesson. The lack of short-term memory combined with difficulty processing the new information may require you to re-learn the same concepts several times before truly understanding.
6. Inability to plan, such as problems when organizing a project that has multiple steps.
Difficulting concentrating or the inability to hold a thought long enough to recall it can affect something as simple as planning a birthday party. Planning a Chicago birthday party requires many steps: setting a date, buying addressing, and mailing invitations, selecting purchasing, and hanging party decorations, buying ingredients and cooking and ordering food, reserving a location for the event… Forgetting one can result in a cake with no candles.
Forgetting a key part of a contract when your job is a contract negotiation can be detrimental to your career.
For more information on how you may be able to recover from problems thinking and remembering after a car accident, contact an experienced accident injury lawyer using our online form/call 847-651-7191.